Garden design – built in BBQ
Garden design includes all elements to be taken into consideration and to deliver a garden that clients can enjoy and entertain in. Where possible Secret Gardens will always opt to build in a BBQ and servery.
This is one of our projects and we love the clean lines of this BBQ. The warmth of the timber offsets the stainless steel bbq and the charcoal back wall makes this a sophisticated space.
When considering a built in BBQ there are a couple of factors to consider.
- Budget – it is not a cheap exercise as it is essentially like a kitchen space. Be realistic.
- If space is tight consider extending the servery and adding stools so this area can become your outdoor dining table.
- If you find yourself short of fridge space factor in a fridge to be built in underneath the bench.
- Make sure you understand council requirements. Inner city councils will have boundary set backs.
- Create a gas outlet and connect your BBQ straight to this – saves fussing around with bottles.
- Use qualified and experienced tradespeople as this is an area that is exposed to the elements so all materials need to be suitable and built correctly.